CUSP Families & CUSP Staff:
As you already know, the world is grappling with the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our hearts go out to those who have been affected. We are taking the ongoing issue of COVID-19 very seriously here at CUSP. Information regarding COVID-19 is being released at a rapid pace, and to stay one step ahead, we are monitoring what is happening locally and around the world.
Governor Newsom has declared a state of emergency with the intent of helping to prepare California for what is necessary to contain the spread of COVID-19. As with many of the public and private schools in our area, we are monitoring the recommendations by local health departments to do everything necessary to ensure the health and wellness of our CUSP Families and Staff.
As a result, CUSP has developed the following Exposure Plan to protect everyone:
- CUSP Technicians will cancel a home or school session and report these cancellations to our office if family members or children exhibit any signs of a cold or flu.
- If CUSP Staff is experiencing any flu like symptoms, they will call our office to cancel their session. Our office will do everything we can to provide a substitute technician.
- CUSP Clinics will be cancelled until 4/15/2020
- Community outings that involve large groups will be cancelled…services should be provided at home until 4/15/2020
- Hand sanitizer will be available at our office for our staff
- CUSP will adopt a higher level of communication via email to all CUSP Families and Staff
We want to encourage all of you to practice good hygiene, such as frequently washing your hands (for a minimum of 20 seconds) with soap. In addition, it is important to avoid touching your face to avoid contamination as this has been recommended by local health departments.
During this time, it is important to remain calm, however, it is important to continue to be cautious. Until federal and/or state officials make such a recommendation, CUSP will remain open and we will continue to look forward to working with you and your families every day.
As a community, we need to work together, stay alert and calm, and help each other when necessary. Please feel free to contact me or anyone at CUSP with any questions or concerns you may have.
Dr. Eric W. Maier, Ph.D., BCBA-D(01-04-1849), LBA(BA-214)
Chief Clinical Officer/ Chief Executive Officer
California Unified Service Providers, LLC & Behavioral Cusp, LLC